YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
This deliciously healthy baked creation is undoubtedly going to have you hooked for WEEKS, MONTHS even YEARS! The moment this passes your lips, it will be all you’ll think about. Trees will start to form into zucchinis, your pool will start to appear filled with whole wheat pasta, your toothpaste may appear to be mozzarella flavored.
Yes, it’s that good!
At 2:32am last night, I couldn’t sleep because there were workers outside our house working on an exploded underground pipe. They obviously couldn’t care less if I had a 7am Zumba class this morning, because they couldn’t have possibly been any louder. Since, sleep was not going to happen any time soon, I decided to make the most of this extra God-Given time on these creative hands of mine.
2 veggies, some crumbled up garlic-Parmesan pita chips, a whole lot of cheese and a box of whole wheat pasta later; out came this delicious creation!
- 4 oz whole wheat pasta
- Sliced and chopped zucchini
- Chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 oz low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of Chipotle cheese (for a spicy finish)
- 2 oz Low-fat Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tbs whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/3 cup of crumbled Garlic-Parmesan pita chips
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Boil and strain your whole wheat pasta. You want to leave the pasta a bit chewy, because it will soften up in the oven later. No soggy noodles here!
Delicious cheese sauce:
- Heat your butter on low-medium head. Mix in the cream cheese and the flour. Slowly add the milk, followed by your spices and cheese. When it becomes a thick creamy consistency, add your noodles.
- Sautee your sliced and chopped zucchinis with about 1 tsp of oil from the artichoke hearts, as well as a hand full of artichoke hearts. If you don’t have artichoke heart oil, olive oil works as well.
- Add the sauteed veggies to the noodles and cheese sauce
Baking your addicting cheesy dish:
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- In an oven-safe dish, spread your mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle your crumbled pita chips across the top. You can also add some Panko crumbs for a bit more crunch. I also added some more sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top as well.
- Bake for 15-20 mins (until golden brown on top).
Don’t invite anyone over to eat this with you. Devour in 5 minutes flat all by yourself. Don’t share with anyone, trust me it’s too good to share.