I’m so head-over-heels excited- my best friend Allie and I are throwing a “Southern Style Party”.
What is that you ask? Well, we made it up so we’re kind of throwing ideas together as we go along. Let me tell you, we’re having a blast along the way! A few of our close friends are getting together, and it’s going to be pretty fabulous.
My boyfriend Bryan is a true southern boy from North Carolina, so he’s giving us Cali girls some ideas too 🙂
So far, our southern food list includes:
- Steaks marinated in Allie’s Grandma’s Whisky Marinade (for the non-vegetarians of course)
- Scalloped potatoes
- SWEET TEA in mason jars if I can find some (holla if you watch Duck Dynasty!)
- Corn Bread (duh, that’s a must)
- A delicious salad (I don’t think that’s southern… but I have to eat at this thing too… you know me, got to throw some health in there somewhere! There aren’t very many southern vegetarian foods which I learned the hard way when he flew me out to North Carolina to visit his family- they kept wanting to feed me bacon and steak. SO if Bryan touches my salad, I’m making that count as a Southern salad.)
- Grilled Corn (still in the husks)
Not sure what else we’ll come up with, but let me tell you I’ve got my cowgirl boots and country music ready!
Pictures to come after the party tonight 🙂