Shopping around in my neighborhood store, I came across this AWESOME medially of grapes and bought 2 boxes!!
Now all I need is a hot guy in a Toga with a huge leaf fan to feed them to me while sitting in a royal throne.
Hey, a girl can dream right?
I wonder how my boyfriend Bryan would feel about wearing a toga…
I can’t wait to use these flavors in all kinds of recipes, salads and smoothies this week 🙂
Who wouldn’t like 3 colors of grapes in one? Pure genius.
At a lovely afternoon adventure at my Godmother’s house, we discovered her 15 new baby chicks! They were SO cute. Bryan and I named this one Pablo. After getting to spend some quality time with Pablo, it breaks my heart to think about all the baby chicks and chickens that are suffering so much at food mills. Kept in tiny cages with no room to fly around and be free. It’s little moments like today with Pablo that remind me why I’ve been a Vegetarian my whole life.
Choose free-range chicken eggs at the store, or even better; buy your food from local farmers markets.
Proud vegetarian for 24 years!!! Pablo power 🙂
After a long day of work, I arrived home and my boyfriend had come over and made me this DELICIOUS and HEALTHY Mexican feast for two!
He home-made those whole wheat tortilla chips, and even made a fruit smoothie to go along with it. The quesadillas are made with whole wheat tortillas and stuffed with avocado and real cheddar cheese. Everyone knows I’m an avocado addict, so I almost passed out when I saw this sitting in the kitchen waiting for me.
Healthy nachos, I think yes!
I am so blessed to be in a wonderful relationship with a guy who loves the fitness world almost as much as I do!
Bryan and I did The Color Run last month together, and now we’re working through Jillian Michael’s 90 Day Workout Video Challenge.
Having a workout partner provides incredible motivation to stay on track. When one of you starts getting off track, the other one is right behind you pushing you right back to where you should be. Having your fitness partner be the one that you’re madly in love with is just a fabulous added bonus 😉
If you’re not in a relationship, enlist one of your best friends! Make a list of goals that you’d like to achieve together and set a date by which you’d like to have them finished.
Potential Fitspirational Goals:
- Complete a workout video series together (such as Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution). 30 Day Shred, P90X and Insanity are also great workout series you can check out.
- Train for a specific marathon coming up. There are SO many wonderful runs happening throughout the US. From The Color Run, to the Mud Run, to runs for charities (breast cancer, aids etc). Disneyland even has their own runs now; The Tinkerbell Run, and the Princess Run! (Google this, they’re SO cool!)
Bryan and I finishing The Color Run in San Diego together!
- Set a goal weight together that you’d like to achieve. Work together to come up with a healthy food plan and weigh-in once a week! Congratulate each other with every successful pound lost, or be there for each other if you need to re-strategize a better plan.
- Fitness classes! Classes at the Gym are great to incorporate into your Fitspirational Goals. I’m really into Zumba, and I also love Heat Yoga and Turbo Kick. Go to your local gym with your fitness partner and come up with 1-2 weekly classes that you’d like to take together.
Get a partner, set some goals, and FITspire each other all the way to a successful healthy lifestyle!
I discovered this written on the window in hot pink behind my desk. My boyfriend is pretty cute 🙂
I am SUCH a DIY (do it yourself) project girl!
No matter what event we’re going to, I will almost always try to come up with a creative t-shirt to make it a little more memorable. Plus, I have to put my drawers and drawers of pink glitter to use somehow haha.
These were the shirts that I came up with for the Color Run and I LOVE them. I spent a total of $30 at Michael’s Crafts.
- Puffy Paints
- V neck WHITE shirts (in preparation for our neon running adventure the next day)
- Iron-on letters (two packs)
The backs of our shirts had the URL to my health blog (TheFitspirationalBlonde) and “YOU CAN DO IT!!!!) in huge letters above that. We wanted to spread our positive encouragment to the slow pokes behind us that ate our dust as we ran by, haha jk (kind of.)
Word of advice, get a workout partner! It’s always great to have someone to accomplish your health goals with you (and to wear your corny t-shirts too.)
See my last post for more pictures from The Color Run!
Running in The Color Run has been on my bucket list for 3 years! The moment I saw gifs of Pinks, Purples, Yellows and Blue neon colors flying through the air- I knew I HAD to be a part of it!
Since my boyfriend Bryan and I (he’s a Marine) have began to love working out and maintain our health lives together, we decided to run it as a team! There is not better feeling then getting fit and having the one you love right beside you encouraging you to push yourself even harder. When the Color Run finally came to San Diego, we both bought our running bibs, and counted down the days 🙂
Our team name was of course “The Fitspirational Blonde” (which was on the back of our custom made T-Shirts.)
The Front of our shirts said “Running towards our Happily Ever After!”
- Distance- 5k (3.1 miles)
- Location- Down Town San Diego (the streets were completely blocked off for the color runners, it was so surreal)
- Time- 7am!
- Cost- $50 per person, and color packets were an additional $3 per packet.
As you can see, we had THE TIME OF OUR LIVES. It was Bryan and I’s first ever run, and it was a perfect run to begin with. Not too long, not too expensive, and a good time was had by all. I definitely recommend you trying the color run when it comes to your city. Challenge yourself. Get out of your comfort zone and try something new. You’re not going to get any more in shape by watching races on TV, get up and participate!
Running towards our Healthy Happily Ever After ❤