Now that my pallet is expanding, I’m tasting/combining ALL kinds of new ingredients! After I fell head-over-heels in love with sweet potatoes, the possibilities that I can make with them seem to be endless.
This is by far my favorite recipe that I’ve created so far, 100% Vegetarian of course 🙂
Since sweet potatoes are PACKED with iron and tons of vitamins, this is a deliciously healthy meal too! I don’t know about you, but guilt-free burgers sound like heaven to me.
- 1 can of white beans (I used cannellini beans)
- 1/2 sweet potato (baked, peeled and mashed) *it comes out to about 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 cup of wheat flour (regular flour can be used as well, however wheat flour is a bit healthier)
- Panko Crumbs
- Whole Wheat Buns
- Bake (or boil) your potatoes. Then peel them and mash them up into a dough-like consistency.
- Drain your cannellini beans, add them to your bowl of sweet potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the Panko crumbs.
- Form your mixture into patty shapes, and coat in Panko Crumbs.
- Cook your patties in a light coat of olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve between your whole wheat buns and add your toppings and dressings of choice!
I used Avocado slices, tomatoes and spinach with home made zesty thousand island dressing.
If you double the recipe, you can pre-prepare enough for the whole week. You know how I love pre-preparing food since I’m so busy. Try it out, it’s an excellent time and money saver!