Get your name (and link to your blog) added to Brittany’s Summer Challenge: 2 new recipes a week! list on my blog. *This is going to be a great way to get to know other bloggers, share your favorite summer recipes, and maybe even get some fabulous new followers of your own!*
Since I’m SO excited to finally be out of school for summer, I decided that this is the PERFECT time to start working on improving my minimal cooking skills. Join me!
It’s time for us to move on from the dark side of processed Mac and Cheese, and over to the brighter and better side of real unprocessed meals. Bye-bye burnt toast, HELLO farmers markets and fresh cooked veggies! Unfortunately, since Martha Stewart isn’t our next-door neighbor, we all have to teach ourselves howto make something in the kitchen besides a mess and several small fires. Challenge yourself with me; kiss the days of frozen dinners goodbye, and become new BFFS with your oven.
Like all new goals, you need to create a plan on how you’re going to get yourself to achieve it. Since there are about two and a half months left of summer, I decided to create a challenge that will have my followers and I attempting two new foods EVERY WEEK. By the end of summer, we’ll all have made more than 20 new recipes that we didn’t know how to make before!
As you can see, I’ve decorated my own cute little recipe book. This little notebook cost me $.50, and here I’ll be adding all my favorite recipes from this summer. When I start school up again for the fall, I’ll have all my own fabulous favorite collection of recipes in one place to choose from. Make one; add your own stickers, colors, glitter, and personality to it. You’ll get really excited to write in this twice a week, trust me.
My First Recipe inside my Recipe book!
**As you can see, I also put my grocery list on the inside cover of the recipe book IN PENCIL. That way, I can add and remove items that I need (and don’t need) for that week’s 2 recipes.
All my wonderful followers, I definitely recommend that you try my Brittany’sSummer Challenge: 2 new recipes a week! with me. No matter where you are with your cooking skills, this will give you a great chance to add some healthy items to your own cook book 🙂 At the end of summer you can even invite some friends over and have an end of summer party to give them a taste of what you’ve made.
Message me HERE with your name and blog link, and I’ll add you to my list of people on my newest blog page called “Brittany’s Summer Challenge: 2 new recipes a week!”. This is going to be a great way to get to know other bloggers, share your favorite summer recipes, and maybe even get some fabulous new followers of your own!
- Message me your name and a link to your blog so I can add you to the list of people participating in the challenge.
- At the beginning of EVERY week, pick TWO recipes that you would like to make that week. This isn’t too many guys, it can be snacks, desserts, drinks, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- After you’ve made your recipe, TAKE PICTURES!!! This is so important. They don’t have to be fancy or high resolution, it is just give people an idea of what you’ve made.
- Post your recipe to your blog, and TAG it with the tag “2newrecipes”. By doing this, other people participating in the challenge can see what you’ve made, and can try it out too!
- MESSAGE ME WITH THE LINK TO EVERY NEW RECIPE POST YOU MAKE!!! I’ll be posting all of your recipes to a page on my blog too, another easy way to get to know your friendly neighbor bloggers 🙂
Super easy, and a really great way to keep yourself motivated to stay healthy this summer. After all, 80 percent of your body is made in the kitchen, so GET IN THERE AND MAKE IT!
The Fitspirational Blonde