The healthiest most delicious way to eat asparagus has finally been discovered by your truly! These easy little green strands of mouth watering heaven only take about 10 mins to put together, and will honestly take your breath away. If you’re an asparagus hated(as I was about 3 months ago) this is a GREAT way to fall in love with your vegetable arch enemy. The Garlic and Parmesan cheese are perfect compliments to it’s delicious flavors.
Yum, this is how they will look in the end! I paired my Parmesan garlic asparagus with a piece of whole wheat toast and some avocado slices.
If it’s on sale, I prefer to buy organic asparagus
Mince 4-5 cloves of garlic, mix in a Ziploc bag with about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and a table spoon of olive oil. Olive oil is a healthier version of vegetable oil, so I like to use it whenever I can. (I’ll make a post about the difference between the two a bit later.)
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7-10 mins (until golden brown.)
- Fresh minced garlic
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (you can substitute vegan or your favorite cheese here)
- Organic asparagus
What to do:
- Mince Garlic, grate cheese
- Add mixture of garlic and cheese to a Ziploc bag along with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Using your hands, add the asparagus to the mixture and rub the ingredients around in the bag for about 2 mins. This is to evenly distribute the flavors to every piece of asparagus and make every one of them extra savory 🙂
- Place the contents of the bag onto a piece of tinfoil and bake for 7-10 mins (until they appear golden brown.)
- Eat and enjoy!
Easy, delicious and will impress any guests that you have over 🙂
These delicious little green cuties are the perfect mid-day snack!
My Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts only take about 10-15 minutes to throw together. The taste is a mouthwatering combination of sweet and savory flavors, with a healthy spin.
- Brussels Sprouts
- (Any desired spices, I used a bit of cayenne pepper as well)
- Olive Oil
What to do:
- Boil the Brussels sprouts for 5-8 minutes (until tender)
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half, and toss the halves into a hot pan with a bit of olive oil and pepper
- Let them sit until they become a beautiful hint of brown (usually 1-2 minutes)
- Drizzle a bit of honey over the Brussels sprouts in the pan
- Remove from heat, and drizzle with a bit more honey on the plate followed by a slight pinch of cayenne pepper
Beginning list of Fabulous Summer Recipe Challengers:
If you’d like to join the growing list of followers who are part of the SUMMER CHALLENGE: 2 NEW RECIPES A WEEK!, message me your name HERE and I’ll add you (along with a link to your blog, as well as the two foods you’re thinking about making this week) to this list!
Also, don’t forget to post your recipes and send me the link, so I can reblog it on the new official Summer Recipe Challenge page 🙂
Let’s all make friends and fill our bellies with delicious new recipes for summer!