These delicious little green cuties are the perfect mid-day snack!
My Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts only take about 10-15 minutes to throw together. The taste is a mouthwatering combination of sweet and savory flavors, with a healthy spin.
- Brussels Sprouts
- (Any desired spices, I used a bit of cayenne pepper as well)
- Olive Oil
What to do:
- Boil the Brussels sprouts for 5-8 minutes (until tender)
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half, and toss the halves into a hot pan with a bit of olive oil and pepper
- Let them sit until they become a beautiful hint of brown (usually 1-2 minutes)
- Drizzle a bit of honey over the Brussels sprouts in the pan
- Remove from heat, and drizzle with a bit more honey on the plate followed by a slight pinch of cayenne pepper
One of my best friends gave me this deliciously simple tea recipe the last time I drove up to see her in San Bernadino.
I’m NOT a big fan of tea, however I had a tickle in my throat that weekend- so she gave me this tea. She made it with leave from her freshly grown mint plant. I surprisingly enjoyed this delicate combination and had to blog about my first positive tea experience.
Tea-sperience (I’m officially making this a word.)
Unfortunately, I failed miserably at growing my own mint plant at home (my thumbs are obviously not green… they’re hot pink.) Thank our beautiful Lord that Trader Joes is just a few minutes away, and carries pre-packaged mint leaves.
4-6 Mint leaves
1 cup of water
1-2 tsp of honey
1 cute cup
A warm blanket and your favorite movie!
Heat water, combine ingredients, wait 2 minutes for flavors to dissolve, then drink and relax!
This honey-mint tea tastes the absolute best with real honey. However, I am currently out of all natural/organic honey; which I purchased from the farmers market last month (yay support your local farmers.) Until next week’s farmers market, this artificial bear stuff will have to suffice. I recommend going out of your way to your local farmers market and getting your own real honey as well.
Try it out!
Easy, healthy and will warm your heart/mind/soul.