In a mad dash out the door this morning on the way to my hair appointment, I threw together this delicious waffle raspberry combo! I was so thankful that I made extra protein waffles last week and froze them!
Having some extra pre-prepared meals on hand definitely comes in handy with a busy schedule. If it wasn’t for my excess of protein waffles, I would have only had a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
My metabolism is too high to survive off of a fruit smoothie for more then a couple hours, so this protein waffle was really a life saver!
One of the reasons I LOVE these crepes, is because they’re PACKED with protein and only have 3 ingredients. I love knowing exactly what I’m putting into my body, so making my own breakfast is always a joy. No artificial sweeteners or preservatives in here, that’s for sure 🙂
I’m calling this beauty “classy cornbread” because of the adorable pink flowers I tossed in. My boyfriend Bryan picked them for me, I just couldn’t resist 🙂
Plus, I’m really into food-ography lately so it was perfect!
Seriously, so delicious! Bryan and I made cornbread for my best friend and I’s “Southern Style Hangout” yesterday. It was a big hit, and an awesome snack.
This is a delicious high anti-oxident smoothie! I used only red fruits and berries, and it came out great.
Red apple slices
Blend, swirl and drink!
Now that my pallet is expanding, I’m tasting/combining ALL kinds of new ingredients! After I fell head-over-heels in love with sweet potatoes, the possibilities that I can make with them seem to be endless.
This is by far my favorite recipe that I’ve created so far, 100% Vegetarian of course 🙂
Since sweet potatoes are PACKED with iron and tons of vitamins, this is a deliciously healthy meal too! I don’t know about you, but guilt-free burgers sound like heaven to me.
- 1 can of white beans (I used cannellini beans)
- 1/2 sweet potato (baked, peeled and mashed) *it comes out to about 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 cup of wheat flour (regular flour can be used as well, however wheat flour is a bit healthier)
- Panko Crumbs
- Whole Wheat Buns
- Bake (or boil) your potatoes. Then peel them and mash them up into a dough-like consistency.
- Drain your cannellini beans, add them to your bowl of sweet potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the Panko crumbs.
- Form your mixture into patty shapes, and coat in Panko Crumbs.
- Cook your patties in a light coat of olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve between your whole wheat buns and add your toppings and dressings of choice!
I used Avocado slices, tomatoes and spinach with home made zesty thousand island dressing.
If you double the recipe, you can pre-prepare enough for the whole week. You know how I love pre-preparing food since I’m so busy. Try it out, it’s an excellent time and money saver!
Sorry… I’m not sorry for this half-eaten hummus picture!
I didn’t even think of snapping a picture before my best friend and I practically devoured it in 5 minutes flat.
Yep it was THAT good.
This is a bit more of an easier way to make hummus. Great for a mid-day snack and it’s the perfect compliment to some flat bread poppyseed chips or even some healthy carrots 🙂
Save yourself some money and time, and make a batch of this zesty deliciousness at home!