- Fresh sliced red grapes
- Feta Cheese
- Sliced Almonds
- Spinach Leaves
- Red Cabbage
- Black Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
I’ve got to admit this is one of my favorite salads yet!
Perfect for a hot day, light and refreshing
Just when I thought this road trip up to a small town in Julian couldn’t get any more awesome- I FOUND A FITNESS CENTER IN THE MOUNTAINS!
Julian is a tiny town in the mountains with a population of less then 1,000 people. Needless to say, I was impressed to see their dedication to fitness among such a small community.
My best friend Allie gladly snapped a Picture of Locket and I strutting our muscular poses in front of the fitness center haha. As you can see, Locket seemed more interested in lady bugs and daisies on the ground then treadmills.
If I can find a fitness center in the mountains, YOU can find a gym near you! No excuses, get your butt up and exercise today! If I had brought a pair of tennis shoes with me, you can BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR that I would be kicking some butt on the bicycle in there.
… We also found a jail… just incase I tried to steal a shopping cart full of Apple Pecan salad dressing from my last post (They must have known I was coming Hahahah)
food binging is common among people beginning their Fitspirational Journeys.
A lot of people try to change their diets all at once, and go from eating chips, soda and suge- to full on fruits and vegetables in one day.
A few days of a 360 change in diet will most likely cause mental meltdowns and a sudden craving for your old eating habits.
Here’s some awesome ideas of what to do if you do find yourself food binging:
- Don’t starve yourself. Eat. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but fasting after a binge will only make you severely hungry, which can easily lead to another binge, decimating your self-esteem. When you’re hungry again, eat. If you binged at night, start fresh by giving yourself a healthy breakfast. Stick to clean, whole foods (sugar free if you can) and drink lots of water. Lots of veggies and lean protein works best for me. You can’t change the past, but you can prepare for your present and future by feeding yourself whole, healthy foods to prevent a future binge.
- Forgive yourself. Trying to starve yourself the next day is a sneaky way to try and get away with bingeing, to “make up” for your slip – “I’m going to make up for yesterday by not eating today.” Instead, admit you made a mistake. Forgive yourself. Be very, very kind to yourself: Beating yourself up or criticizing yourself won’t make you change.
- Get back on track as soon as you can. When you slip up with a sugar binge, you usually have terrible sugar cravings for the next 3 or 4 days. If you are trying to get back on track, do what you need to do to support yourself through the sugar cravings.
- When you’re ready, examine what happened. Binges are fabulous learning opportunities. Try and examine what was going on: how were you feeling beforehand? What thoughts were running through your head? What expectations or shoulds ran the show? Write about the event and see if you can make sense of it. This can help you prepare for the next time. Think of how you can support yourself next time so that you can act differently.
- Drink Water! Drinking water is a great way to flush toxins out of your body. Up your water intake and it will also curve your cravings 🙂
I hope this helps, I wish you the very best. Remember, it’s NOT that big of a deal, and tomorrow is a brand new day 🙂
Xox Brittany ❤
Put some variety in your morning smoothies!
If you switch up your fruits and veggies every morning, your body will get a great weekly variation of nutrients.
Your hair, nails and skin will thank you for it 🙂
It’s a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Sunny San Diego today, and I’m so blessed to be able to take a few hours by this classy fountain and blog my little Fitspirational Heart out!
I just finished a bowl of fresh hearty tomato basil soup at the quaint cafe next door, and it was just enough to fill my tummy for the next few fabulous hours. I’m lucky to have snagged this awesome spot next to the fountain, the sound of the water falling is perfect blogging music.
Not going to lie, this fountain next to me is looking pretty cold and tempting… if there wasn’t a group of seventy-something year old golden girls sitting at the table next to me, I’d dive right in!
On that note- I’ve decided that I’m going to use the rest of my college free summer to pour my heart and soul into my cyber baby TheFitspirationalBlonde.com! Get excited guys, I have spectacular God-sized dreams for this fabulous blog.
Many more fountain-side days of blogging to come this summer 🙂
I may have gone a bit overboard on this morning’s fruit smoothie garnishes… But hey, the bigger the garnish the happier the tummy!
Today is my third day in a row adding veggies to my smoothies, and I’m loving every second of it.
Orange pineapple banana juice
Blend and enjoy!
Don’t worry, to my surprise, I couldn’t even taste the carrots 🙂 Such a great way to sneak some extra nutrients into your day!
As a huge fan of the office, I couldn’t go another minute without posting Dwight’s huge face on my health blog!
Lifting weights is NOT going to make you huge ladies. This is a common misconception that I get asked about quite often. If you’re on a bad diet, and you just can’t seem to keep your hands off Mr. Ben and Mr. Jerry (if you know what I mean *ehem ICECREAM ehem**.
If you balance out a healthy diet (with protein/fruits/veggies) with a solid workout plan, you’ll EARN your way to the body of your dreams! Lifting weights is NOT going to make you big, but lifting weights without training might. If you’re really worries about this, please message me and we’ll go over your exercise routine together. A good cardio mix with strengthening exercises and weights will actually lean you out.
Whats the worst that can happen? You might just end up with a fabulously it body. Oops 🙂
Good form is SO important when you’re doing push ups. Doing them the wrong way will minimize the effect of the exercise, not to mention potentially strain your neck and wrists.
If I can do these push ups in heels and a dress, you can do them in a sports bra and sneakers!
- Don’t stick your butt up in the air
- Don’t put your hands too close together
- Don’t strain your neck by trying to look at your toes
- Don’t forget to breathe between each push up
- Do Have a flat back
- Do look a little bit in front of you
- Do put your hands chest length apart
- Do put your elbows at 90 degrees
- Do always keep your arms over your wrist
Notice how my butt isn’t sticking up, and my elbows are over my wrists!
These may seem like a lot of steps now, but if you keep practicing the right way to do push ups it will get you to your goal body WAY quicker- and without damaging your precious self.
As I take more and more steps towards learning to cook, I’m discovering new ways to prepare food! Last month, my wonderful Boyfriend Bryan introduced me to the world of mushrooms and I fell in love.
Sautéing and caramelizing the Portabella mushrooms is by far my favorite way to eat them.
These caramelized baby “Bellas” are perfect to add to any sandwich, pizza or pasta dish!
- Slice up your mushrooms into relatively even slices. Make sure not to slice them too thick (because they take much longer to sauté.)
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil (or any oil of choice, I like olive oil because it’s healthier and more flavorful in the mushrooms.) TIP** Start out with less oil then you think you need. A little oil goes a long way, you can always add more. You’ll look pretty silly soaking up extra oil with a napkin, trying to prevent your mushrooms from getting too soggy. (I did that on my first attempt, and I’ll make a post soon about the do’s and don’ts of sautéing veggies.)
- Add the mushrooms to the warm oil, and flip in about 3-5 mins (when they look golden brown.)
- Drizzle some organic honey over your mushrooms on the last few minutes and let them get sweet and caramelized.
- Set them on a paper towel! I like to get as much oil out of those babies as I can before I eat them.
Put them on a pizza, add them to a summer salad, or even add them to a Fettuccini pasta or your favorite panini sandwich. You can get creative with this too, and add some of your favorite spices to the mushrooms before you take them off the heat. I add a bit of pepper.