You haven’t had a true salad until you’ve tasted this one. I know I know I know what you’re thinking; …garlic and pears??? EW!
WRONG! Think again. The savory flavors of the roasted garlic vinaigrette, go astonishingly well with the sweet Anjou pears.
This salad is quick, fresh and a delight side to any main course, or a perfect lunch all on its own 🙂
Ps oh my gosh you guys, these pictures turned out so great!! I’m getting so much better with my food photography!
Come on guys, we’ve all been there. Hungry, in a hurry, and just want a quick snack.
This 3 ingredient ONE minute Caesar salad will put your greasy bag of Lana potato chips to shame any day! It’s easy to make and the whole thing cost me $5 to make. That $5 is good for at LEAST 6 salads whigh makes each salad less then $1 a piece! Yes, that evens out to be LESS THEN THE COST OF A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS.
Low-fat parmesan cheese
If you keep a head of lettuce and your favorite dressing in your fridge, you’ll never have an excuse to go near those Lays. Compare your mental sanity after eating both:
Lays potato chips: why did I just eat an entire bag of those? I’m full of empty calories that will only dehydrate me and make me crave more salt in an hour.
Caesar salad: Yay I’m full of healthy calories! I feel SO good about eating this guilt-free inexpensive and easy snack!
Choose salad. No excuses!
The healthiest most delicious way to eat asparagus has finally been discovered by your truly! These easy little green strands of mouth watering heaven only take about 10 mins to put together, and will honestly take your breath away. If you’re an asparagus hated(as I was about 3 months ago) this is a GREAT way to fall in love with your vegetable arch enemy. The Garlic and Parmesan cheese are perfect compliments to it’s delicious flavors.
Yum, this is how they will look in the end! I paired my Parmesan garlic asparagus with a piece of whole wheat toast and some avocado slices.
If it’s on sale, I prefer to buy organic asparagus
Mince 4-5 cloves of garlic, mix in a Ziploc bag with about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and a table spoon of olive oil. Olive oil is a healthier version of vegetable oil, so I like to use it whenever I can. (I’ll make a post about the difference between the two a bit later.)
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7-10 mins (until golden brown.)
- Fresh minced garlic
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (you can substitute vegan or your favorite cheese here)
- Organic asparagus
What to do:
- Mince Garlic, grate cheese
- Add mixture of garlic and cheese to a Ziploc bag along with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Using your hands, add the asparagus to the mixture and rub the ingredients around in the bag for about 2 mins. This is to evenly distribute the flavors to every piece of asparagus and make every one of them extra savory 🙂
- Place the contents of the bag onto a piece of tinfoil and bake for 7-10 mins (until they appear golden brown.)
- Eat and enjoy!
Easy, delicious and will impress any guests that you have over 🙂
These easy little potatoes are SO delicious, and way better for you then french fries!
Baked instead of fried, no grease or oil involved.
- Baby yellow potatoes
- Fresh minces garlic
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cayenne pepper (or spice of choice)
What to do:
- Boil your washed baby potatoes for 5-10 mins (until relatively soft)
- Place baby potatoes on a tin foil covered cooking sheet, and pre-heat oven to 350
- Smash lightly with the bottom of a glass (or a potato smasher if you have one. I didn’t so the bottom of a glass worked great!) Make sure not to smash too hard or they tend to crumble and not look so appetizing.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan and fresh garlic over every baby potato, followed by cayenne pepper
- Bake for 5-10 mins (until golden brown)
So easy, so delicious, and a wonderful snack for in between meals!