I really need to start making more green smoothies!
I’ve got the morning fruit smoothie routine down to a science, but I’m having a hard time getting some green veggies in there. Definitely going to use this on this morning’s smoothie. Being a life-long vegetarian, I need all the green veggies I can get.
Not to mention, I just got some AWESOME green tea lemonade from a health food store by my house that I can’t WAIT to try. It’ll be a perfect addition to a green smoothie.
I’ll post the recipe that I come up with later today 🙂
I’m grocery shopping right now, and when I reached the avocado section my heart almost fell out of my chest!!
These were all the avocados left in the whole store… I blinked my eyes (hoping when I opened them back up that bin would be full) but unfortunately it didn’t.
All that was left is 10 lame hard avocados. Sad day!
Ok ok ok, my avocado obsession may be out of control, but I refuse to give up this easily.
Off to another store on an avocado hunt 🙂
These delicious little green cuties are the perfect mid-day snack!
My Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts only take about 10-15 minutes to throw together. The taste is a mouthwatering combination of sweet and savory flavors, with a healthy spin.
- Brussels Sprouts
- (Any desired spices, I used a bit of cayenne pepper as well)
- Olive Oil
What to do:
- Boil the Brussels sprouts for 5-8 minutes (until tender)
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half, and toss the halves into a hot pan with a bit of olive oil and pepper
- Let them sit until they become a beautiful hint of brown (usually 1-2 minutes)
- Drizzle a bit of honey over the Brussels sprouts in the pan
- Remove from heat, and drizzle with a bit more honey on the plate followed by a slight pinch of cayenne pepper