Once you begin your Fitspirational life, you’ll start to notice that there is Fitspiration EVERYWHERE you look!
I’m at the grocery store right now, buying all the fruit I need for the rest of this week’s morning fruit smoothies- and I spotted this clever shirt.
She must be a health blogger I thought 🙂
After I saw it, I just had to stop her and ask if I could snap a picture for my health blog. She was flattered, and even asked me for a link!
If you’re having a hard time finding Fitspiration, open your eyes- it’s all around you.
It’s a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Sunny San Diego today, and I’m so blessed to be able to take a few hours by this classy fountain and blog my little Fitspirational Heart out!
I just finished a bowl of fresh hearty tomato basil soup at the quaint cafe next door, and it was just enough to fill my tummy for the next few fabulous hours. I’m lucky to have snagged this awesome spot next to the fountain, the sound of the water falling is perfect blogging music.
Not going to lie, this fountain next to me is looking pretty cold and tempting… if there wasn’t a group of seventy-something year old golden girls sitting at the table next to me, I’d dive right in!
On that note- I’ve decided that I’m going to use the rest of my college free summer to pour my heart and soul into my cyber baby TheFitspirationalBlonde.com! Get excited guys, I have spectacular God-sized dreams for this fabulous blog.
Many more fountain-side days of blogging to come this summer 🙂
There is seriously nothing like getting lost in a great book, with a bowl of healthy vegetable soup by your side!
Honestly, it feels like I haven’t had the time to read a good book in a long time. I miss the feeling of sitting at the edge of my seat, anxiously turning pages just to see what could possibly happen next.
Reading is a great way to keep your mental health sane. Finding an amazing book is a mental escape from reality; weather you have time or not, you need it. Give yourself a break! One minute you’re in your room eating a bowl of protein packed vegetable soup, and the next your in a Shack, in the middle of nowhere, about to meet Jesus!
I’m only on page 28 of the book “The Shack” by WM Paul Young, and I’m already hooked.
Try it out, take a stress free approach to improving your mental health, and get lost throughout the pages of new book.
Turn off your phone for once, stop thinking about all the emails you have to send later and live in the moment with nothing but you and your imagination. Maybe a bowl of your favorite healthy soup to keep your belly full and your mind active too. That’s a challenge!
Let’s get real here… calculating your body’s fat percentage is no piece of cake (or fork full of salad, we’re trying to keep things healthy here haha.)
Don’t worry, if you’re following my blog- you’re obviously smart, funny AND good looking so I’m sure you won’t have any trouble.
What is Body Fat Percentage
To put things simply, body fat percentage is the amount of fat on your body- compared to everything else. Everything else including muscles, tissue, water weight etc.
Set a goal, what would you like your Fat-Body percentage to be?
Nerdfitness.com breaks it down pretty well-
- “If you are trying to look like Ryan Reynolds or Jessica Beil in Blade III, good luck! Aim for a body fat percentage of 6-8% (men) or 13-15% (women). Note: your athletic/strength gaining performance will most likely suffer at this percentage, and might not be worth it. Your call.
- If you are interested in getting that coveted six pack, drop your body fat down to the 8-11% range for dudes and 15-17% range for women.
- If you are an athlete and interested in optimal athletic performance, aim for a body fat percentage around 15% (men) or 20% (women). NF team memberStaci trains much better at 20% body fat than at 15% body fat.
- If you are just interested in looking pretty good and feeling pretty good, anything less than 18% for men and anywhere in the 20-23% range for women should get you the “hey, lookin pretty good!” response from your friends
- For the ladies! If you are concerned about menstruation or fertility, it has been said not to drop below 15% body fat. Although I can’t find any studies that definitively refutes or proves this, I’ve read it all over the place, so just something to be aware of. Your results may vary!”
What do these different percentages look like?
How to calculate my own body fat percentage?
There a BUNCH of different ways! These are the top 3 that I recommend-
- Military method- My boyfriend Bryan is in the U.S Marines; and in the military, you have to stay below a certain BFP (body fat percentage) according to your height. In the military, they:
- Online Calculator- One of the easiest ways is to use an online calculator that does all the math for you. For you lazy bums out there (who refuses to do math on Saturday) this will be your best bet. Click here for one of the many online BFP calculators
- Look in the mirror- honestly, this is my very favorite way. Use those pictures I’ve provided above, and compare them to your body in the mirror. BFP doesn’t have to be 100% accurate unless you’re training for a marathon or a specific event. I can tell if my BFP is getting high if my jeans start to feel tight. If you’re beginning to have to unbutton your pants at every meal, it’s probably time to set some new health goals.
If you’re not where you want to be, then pick a BFP you want to be at, and work your butt off to EARN your way there! You’re definitely on the right health blog to kick start your fitspirational journey.
Eating small healthy snacks between meals is a great way to get your metabolism up!
This half bagel took 2 minutes to throw together, and is the perfect mid-afternoon snack between lunch and dinner.
The sweetness of the all natural raspberry jelly, combined with the fresh blueberries will give you some more much needed energy (since it’s probably already worn off from lunch.)
1/2 FRESH BAGEL
1 tsp jelly
1 tsp cream cheese
1 hand ful of fresh blueberries
I discovered this written on the window in hot pink behind my desk. My boyfriend is pretty cute 🙂