One of my favorite parts of summer is sweet sweet sweet watermelon!
I love putting it in smoothies, shakes and salads.
I used my new protein powder that I purchased yesterday, and made more of a shake than a smoothie.
- Freshly cut sweet watermelon
- Sliced cucumber
- Guava juice
- Watermelon juice
- 3 scoops protein powder
Blend, add a cute garnish and enjoy!
Jalapeno flavor; so spicy and SO addicting.
I like to tell myself they are healthier because they don’t have any Cholesterol or trans fat… but deep down inside I know they’re probably just as bad as lays.
I stick to a 80/20 diet which means 80% healthy and 20% what ever I want.
Kettle chips will definitely be taking up ALL of my 20% today haha!!
Has anyone tried any of the other flavors?
- Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese (click to see my latest salad creation this was used in!)
- Organic Green Tea Lemonade
- Raw Pecan Halves
- A mango
- A Pear
- Mochi (all natural chocolate ice cream)
- Organic puppy chews for my Yorkie Locket!
- A beautiful batch of yellow daisies
- Aria: protein powder for women (click to see my new review)
- Organic baby spinach
- Can of diced and fire roasted tomatoes
Grand Total = $43.02
Being a college girl on summer vacation, I purchased some items that I wouldn’t usually go for. Since I’m out of college for the summer, I have extra time on my hands. What better way to spend it then in the kitchen discovering new meals I can eat when I go back to college in the fall!
There are going to be some kick-butt salads, smoothies and soups that come out of this trip. Come back and see what my creative mind comes up with this weekend 🙂
This is an AWESOME little chart I found on Miramountlifestyle.com.
If you do nothing else productive today, take a good long look at this chart.
GET EDUCATED ON WHAT GOES IN YOUR BODY!
Those nutrition labels aren’t there to look pretty.
Besides being low in calories, fruits and vegetables are rich in different types of vitamins, fibre and antioxidants.
Instead of filling yourself with over-processed foods that only makes your body THINK it’s full, fill yourself with low-calorie fruits and vegetables. You can eat WAY more, and they will keep your body full much longer.
Think before you eat!
food binging is common among people beginning their Fitspirational Journeys.
A lot of people try to change their diets all at once, and go from eating chips, soda and suge- to full on fruits and vegetables in one day.
A few days of a 360 change in diet will most likely cause mental meltdowns and a sudden craving for your old eating habits.
Here’s some awesome ideas of what to do if you do find yourself food binging:
- Don’t starve yourself. Eat. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but fasting after a binge will only make you severely hungry, which can easily lead to another binge, decimating your self-esteem. When you’re hungry again, eat. If you binged at night, start fresh by giving yourself a healthy breakfast. Stick to clean, whole foods (sugar free if you can) and drink lots of water. Lots of veggies and lean protein works best for me. You can’t change the past, but you can prepare for your present and future by feeding yourself whole, healthy foods to prevent a future binge.
- Forgive yourself. Trying to starve yourself the next day is a sneaky way to try and get away with bingeing, to “make up” for your slip – “I’m going to make up for yesterday by not eating today.” Instead, admit you made a mistake. Forgive yourself. Be very, very kind to yourself: Beating yourself up or criticizing yourself won’t make you change.
- Get back on track as soon as you can. When you slip up with a sugar binge, you usually have terrible sugar cravings for the next 3 or 4 days. If you are trying to get back on track, do what you need to do to support yourself through the sugar cravings.
- When you’re ready, examine what happened. Binges are fabulous learning opportunities. Try and examine what was going on: how were you feeling beforehand? What thoughts were running through your head? What expectations or shoulds ran the show? Write about the event and see if you can make sense of it. This can help you prepare for the next time. Think of how you can support yourself next time so that you can act differently.
- Drink Water! Drinking water is a great way to flush toxins out of your body. Up your water intake and it will also curve your cravings 🙂
I hope this helps, I wish you the very best. Remember, it’s NOT that big of a deal, and tomorrow is a brand new day 🙂
Xox Brittany ❤
This was TOO awesome not to put on my health blog!
Take a second to sit down, turn your computer monitor off and silence your cell phone.
Write a list of 5 simple things that you can start implementing into your life RIGHT NOW that will make you proud a year from now. This is a great idea for beginners just getting started on their Fitspirational Journeys!
A few things on my list:
- Add ONE more serving of fruit to every day as a daily snack
- Complete 2-3 runs with my boyfriend by this time next year (Color Run CHECK!)
- Make 2-3 health blog posts every day
- Start going to bed earlier, ensuring at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night
- Make a “goal board” with 20 things I’d like to do in the next year. Cross things off as I do them!
Try it out 🙂 What’s on your list?