One of the reasons I LOVE these crepes, is because they’re PACKED with protein and only have 3 ingredients. I love knowing exactly what I’m putting into my body, so making my own breakfast is always a joy. No artificial sweeteners or preservatives in here, that’s for sure 🙂
In a hurry? Need some thing quick but still want to stay healthy?
This 5 minute vegetarian panini is GREAT because you can pre-prepare 3 different kinds at the beginning of the week, and after a few minutes on a panini maker; they’re ready to eat!
If you pre-prepare all the ingredients you want on your panini, and keep them individually ready-to-eat in your fridge- it makes for a quick and healthy meal on the go.
I made this panini last night in less then 5 minutes and it took me 2 minutes to heat it up today on my pink panini maker. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think sandwiches get any faster then that.
Fast, easy, and delicious; a perfect combination for anyone with a busy schedule!
- Fresh sliced red grapes
- Feta Cheese
- Sliced Almonds
- Spinach Leaves
- Red Cabbage
- Black Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
I’ve got to admit this is one of my favorite salads yet!
Perfect for a hot day, light and refreshing
Now that my pallet is expanding, I’m tasting/combining ALL kinds of new ingredients! After I fell head-over-heels in love with sweet potatoes, the possibilities that I can make with them seem to be endless.
This is by far my favorite recipe that I’ve created so far, 100% Vegetarian of course 🙂
Since sweet potatoes are PACKED with iron and tons of vitamins, this is a deliciously healthy meal too! I don’t know about you, but guilt-free burgers sound like heaven to me.
- 1 can of white beans (I used cannellini beans)
- 1/2 sweet potato (baked, peeled and mashed) *it comes out to about 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 cup of wheat flour (regular flour can be used as well, however wheat flour is a bit healthier)
- Panko Crumbs
- Whole Wheat Buns
- Bake (or boil) your potatoes. Then peel them and mash them up into a dough-like consistency.
- Drain your cannellini beans, add them to your bowl of sweet potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the Panko crumbs.
- Form your mixture into patty shapes, and coat in Panko Crumbs.
- Cook your patties in a light coat of olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve between your whole wheat buns and add your toppings and dressings of choice!
I used Avocado slices, tomatoes and spinach with home made zesty thousand island dressing.
If you double the recipe, you can pre-prepare enough for the whole week. You know how I love pre-preparing food since I’m so busy. Try it out, it’s an excellent time and money saver!
Put some variety in your morning smoothies!
If you switch up your fruits and veggies every morning, your body will get a great weekly variation of nutrients.
Your hair, nails and skin will thank you for it 🙂
Guess what guys, there’s hope for your unimaginably small fridge! If you’re like me and your fridge seems to ALWAYS be jam packed with one thing or another, this list will be really helpful. There is no need to take up extra room in there with a food that does just as well left on your counter top.
The healthiest most delicious way to eat asparagus has finally been discovered by your truly! These easy little green strands of mouth watering heaven only take about 10 mins to put together, and will honestly take your breath away. If you’re an asparagus hated(as I was about 3 months ago) this is a GREAT way to fall in love with your vegetable arch enemy. The Garlic and Parmesan cheese are perfect compliments to it’s delicious flavors.
Yum, this is how they will look in the end! I paired my Parmesan garlic asparagus with a piece of whole wheat toast and some avocado slices.
If it’s on sale, I prefer to buy organic asparagus
Mince 4-5 cloves of garlic, mix in a Ziploc bag with about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and a table spoon of olive oil. Olive oil is a healthier version of vegetable oil, so I like to use it whenever I can. (I’ll make a post about the difference between the two a bit later.)
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7-10 mins (until golden brown.)
- Fresh minced garlic
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (you can substitute vegan or your favorite cheese here)
- Organic asparagus
What to do:
- Mince Garlic, grate cheese
- Add mixture of garlic and cheese to a Ziploc bag along with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Using your hands, add the asparagus to the mixture and rub the ingredients around in the bag for about 2 mins. This is to evenly distribute the flavors to every piece of asparagus and make every one of them extra savory 🙂
- Place the contents of the bag onto a piece of tinfoil and bake for 7-10 mins (until they appear golden brown.)
- Eat and enjoy!
Easy, delicious and will impress any guests that you have over 🙂