This is a very simple Fitspirational concept- if you’re used to unhealthy eathing habits, then when faced with choosing between chips and an apple; chances are you’re going to go for the chips.
But what if you eliminate the unhealthy options? Then your choice becomes an apple vs a cup of fresh strawberries. Either way, you’ll end up munching on something nutricious!
Check out this awesome shopping cart full of food. My boyfriend is a Marine and he eats really healthy EVEN THOUGH he lives in the barraks on base.
College students listen up- if he can eat healthy on base; you can eat healthy in your dorms. NO EXCUSES.
Needless to say, from the looks of this shooping cart- it’ll be a Fitspirational week!
I am so in love with this song to work out too! I’m really picky about my dubstep music, but when I find a dubstep song I like, I can’t seem to get enough of it.
Sub Focus – Tidal Wave ft. Alpines
There is something so magical about an intense bass drop that gets my adrenalin pumping and my endorphin flying! Listen to this when you’re running, you’ll get a “runners high” like nothing you’ve ever experienced. Yesterday I ran an entire extra 1/2 mile just to get to the end of this song. That’s what I call musical motivation.
The healthiest most delicious way to eat asparagus has finally been discovered by your truly! These easy little green strands of mouth watering heaven only take about 10 mins to put together, and will honestly take your breath away. If you’re an asparagus hated(as I was about 3 months ago) this is a GREAT way to fall in love with your vegetable arch enemy. The Garlic and Parmesan cheese are perfect compliments to it’s delicious flavors.
Yum, this is how they will look in the end! I paired my Parmesan garlic asparagus with a piece of whole wheat toast and some avocado slices.
If it’s on sale, I prefer to buy organic asparagus
Mince 4-5 cloves of garlic, mix in a Ziploc bag with about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and a table spoon of olive oil. Olive oil is a healthier version of vegetable oil, so I like to use it whenever I can. (I’ll make a post about the difference between the two a bit later.)
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7-10 mins (until golden brown.)
- Fresh minced garlic
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (you can substitute vegan or your favorite cheese here)
- Organic asparagus
What to do:
- Mince Garlic, grate cheese
- Add mixture of garlic and cheese to a Ziploc bag along with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Using your hands, add the asparagus to the mixture and rub the ingredients around in the bag for about 2 mins. This is to evenly distribute the flavors to every piece of asparagus and make every one of them extra savory 🙂
- Place the contents of the bag onto a piece of tinfoil and bake for 7-10 mins (until they appear golden brown.)
- Eat and enjoy!
Easy, delicious and will impress any guests that you have over 🙂
These delicious little green cuties are the perfect mid-day snack!
My Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts only take about 10-15 minutes to throw together. The taste is a mouthwatering combination of sweet and savory flavors, with a healthy spin.
- Brussels Sprouts
- (Any desired spices, I used a bit of cayenne pepper as well)
- Olive Oil
What to do:
- Boil the Brussels sprouts for 5-8 minutes (until tender)
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half, and toss the halves into a hot pan with a bit of olive oil and pepper
- Let them sit until they become a beautiful hint of brown (usually 1-2 minutes)
- Drizzle a bit of honey over the Brussels sprouts in the pan
- Remove from heat, and drizzle with a bit more honey on the plate followed by a slight pinch of cayenne pepper
This is my second recipe for the week, and it was DELICIOUS!
I started out with an Organic 6 grain mix that I got from Costco, and added protein powder to it. Instead of milk, I used soy milk which added a great source of protein to the waffles as well.
Of course, I had to make them heart shaped because after all I am Brittany haha.
I finished them off with some raspberries and blueberries, as well as some all natural 100% maple syrup. None of that high- fructose corn syrup for this girl!
Hope every one is doing great on both of their recipes for this week!
Don’t forget to message me every time you’ve made any one of your weekly recipes, so I can post it on the official Summer Challenge: 2 Recipes a Week page!
… I don’t know about you, but I’d rather be a banana then a burger. Enough said!