In a mad dash out the door this morning on the way to my hair appointment, I threw together this delicious waffle raspberry combo! I was so thankful that I made extra protein waffles last week and froze them!
Having some extra pre-prepared meals on hand definitely comes in handy with a busy schedule. If it wasn’t for my excess of protein waffles, I would have only had a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
My metabolism is too high to survive off of a fruit smoothie for more then a couple hours, so this protein waffle was really a life saver!
One of the reasons I LOVE these crepes, is because they’re PACKED with protein and only have 3 ingredients. I love knowing exactly what I’m putting into my body, so making my own breakfast is always a joy. No artificial sweeteners or preservatives in here, that’s for sure 🙂
This delicious mouthful of healthy Fitspiration will absolutely take your breath away. I brought this baby to a party this weekend and all my friends LOVED it!
It’s easy, healthy and BEAUTIFUL (if I do say so myself… and I do!)
Did I mention it was cheap too? My fridge is almost always filled with fruit (since I make fruit smoothies every morning), so I used all the left-over fruits I had in there, and created this flowerful beauty!
My boyfriend brought in some lovely flowers from my front garden, so I threw those in for some extra color too.
I really love that this is such an impressive looking salad that took such little effort to throw together for a party. Keep it in mind for your next hang out!
P.s Oh my gosh you guys, aren’t my food-ography pictures getting so much better??!? I’ve been practicing with different lightning techniques with my camera and it’s been making SUCH a big difference.
I really need to start making more green smoothies!
I’ve got the morning fruit smoothie routine down to a science, but I’m having a hard time getting some green veggies in there. Definitely going to use this on this morning’s smoothie. Being a life-long vegetarian, I need all the green veggies I can get.
Not to mention, I just got some AWESOME green tea lemonade from a health food store by my house that I can’t WAIT to try. It’ll be a perfect addition to a green smoothie.
I’ll post the recipe that I come up with later today 🙂
- Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese (click to see my latest salad creation this was used in!)
- Organic Green Tea Lemonade
- Raw Pecan Halves
- A mango
- A Pear
- Mochi (all natural chocolate ice cream)
- Organic puppy chews for my Yorkie Locket!
- A beautiful batch of yellow daisies
- Aria: protein powder for women (click to see my new review)
- Organic baby spinach
- Can of diced and fire roasted tomatoes
Grand Total = $43.02
Being a college girl on summer vacation, I purchased some items that I wouldn’t usually go for. Since I’m out of college for the summer, I have extra time on my hands. What better way to spend it then in the kitchen discovering new meals I can eat when I go back to college in the fall!
There are going to be some kick-butt salads, smoothies and soups that come out of this trip. Come back and see what my creative mind comes up with this weekend 🙂
Shopping around in my neighborhood store, I came across this AWESOME medially of grapes and bought 2 boxes!!
Now all I need is a hot guy in a Toga with a huge leaf fan to feed them to me while sitting in a royal throne.
Hey, a girl can dream right?
I wonder how my boyfriend Bryan would feel about wearing a toga…
I can’t wait to use these flavors in all kinds of recipes, salads and smoothies this week 🙂
Who wouldn’t like 3 colors of grapes in one? Pure genius.
- Fresh sliced red grapes
- Feta Cheese
- Sliced Almonds
- Spinach Leaves
- Red Cabbage
- Black Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
I’ve got to admit this is one of my favorite salads yet!
Perfect for a hot day, light and refreshing
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
This deliciously healthy baked creation is undoubtedly going to have you hooked for WEEKS, MONTHS even YEARS! The moment this passes your lips, it will be all you’ll think about. Trees will start to form into zucchinis, your pool will start to appear filled with whole wheat pasta, your toothpaste may appear to be mozzarella flavored.
Yes, it’s that good!
At 2:32am last night, I couldn’t sleep because there were workers outside our house working on an exploded underground pipe. They obviously couldn’t care less if I had a 7am Zumba class this morning, because they couldn’t have possibly been any louder. Since, sleep was not going to happen any time soon, I decided to make the most of this extra God-Given time on these creative hands of mine.
2 veggies, some crumbled up garlic-Parmesan pita chips, a whole lot of cheese and a box of whole wheat pasta later; out came this delicious creation!
- 4 oz whole wheat pasta
- Sliced and chopped zucchini
- Chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 oz low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of Chipotle cheese (for a spicy finish)
- 2 oz Low-fat Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tbs whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/3 cup of crumbled Garlic-Parmesan pita chips
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Boil and strain your whole wheat pasta. You want to leave the pasta a bit chewy, because it will soften up in the oven later. No soggy noodles here!
Delicious cheese sauce:
- Heat your butter on low-medium head. Mix in the cream cheese and the flour. Slowly add the milk, followed by your spices and cheese. When it becomes a thick creamy consistency, add your noodles.
- Sautee your sliced and chopped zucchinis with about 1 tsp of oil from the artichoke hearts, as well as a hand full of artichoke hearts. If you don’t have artichoke heart oil, olive oil works as well.
- Add the sauteed veggies to the noodles and cheese sauce
Baking your addicting cheesy dish:
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- In an oven-safe dish, spread your mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle your crumbled pita chips across the top. You can also add some Panko crumbs for a bit more crunch. I also added some more sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top as well.
- Bake for 15-20 mins (until golden brown on top).
Don’t invite anyone over to eat this with you. Devour in 5 minutes flat all by yourself. Don’t share with anyone, trust me it’s too good to share.
Now that my pallet is expanding, I’m tasting/combining ALL kinds of new ingredients! After I fell head-over-heels in love with sweet potatoes, the possibilities that I can make with them seem to be endless.
This is by far my favorite recipe that I’ve created so far, 100% Vegetarian of course 🙂
Since sweet potatoes are PACKED with iron and tons of vitamins, this is a deliciously healthy meal too! I don’t know about you, but guilt-free burgers sound like heaven to me.
- 1 can of white beans (I used cannellini beans)
- 1/2 sweet potato (baked, peeled and mashed) *it comes out to about 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 cup of wheat flour (regular flour can be used as well, however wheat flour is a bit healthier)
- Panko Crumbs
- Whole Wheat Buns
- Bake (or boil) your potatoes. Then peel them and mash them up into a dough-like consistency.
- Drain your cannellini beans, add them to your bowl of sweet potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the Panko crumbs.
- Form your mixture into patty shapes, and coat in Panko Crumbs.
- Cook your patties in a light coat of olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve between your whole wheat buns and add your toppings and dressings of choice!
I used Avocado slices, tomatoes and spinach with home made zesty thousand island dressing.
If you double the recipe, you can pre-prepare enough for the whole week. You know how I love pre-preparing food since I’m so busy. Try it out, it’s an excellent time and money saver!
Sorry… I’m not sorry for this half-eaten hummus picture!
I didn’t even think of snapping a picture before my best friend and I practically devoured it in 5 minutes flat.
Yep it was THAT good.
This is a bit more of an easier way to make hummus. Great for a mid-day snack and it’s the perfect compliment to some flat bread poppyseed chips or even some healthy carrots 🙂
Save yourself some money and time, and make a batch of this zesty deliciousness at home!