In a hurry? Need some thing quick but still want to stay healthy?
This 5 minute vegetarian panini is GREAT because you can pre-prepare 3 different kinds at the beginning of the week, and after a few minutes on a panini maker; they’re ready to eat!
If you pre-prepare all the ingredients you want on your panini, and keep them individually ready-to-eat in your fridge- it makes for a quick and healthy meal on the go.
I made this panini last night in less then 5 minutes and it took me 2 minutes to heat it up today on my pink panini maker. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think sandwiches get any faster then that.
Fast, easy, and delicious; a perfect combination for anyone with a busy schedule!
At a lovely afternoon adventure at my Godmother’s house, we discovered her 15 new baby chicks! They were SO cute. Bryan and I named this one Pablo. After getting to spend some quality time with Pablo, it breaks my heart to think about all the baby chicks and chickens that are suffering so much at food mills. Kept in tiny cages with no room to fly around and be free. It’s little moments like today with Pablo that remind me why I’ve been a Vegetarian my whole life.
Choose free-range chicken eggs at the store, or even better; buy your food from local farmers markets.
Proud vegetarian for 24 years!!! Pablo power 🙂
- Fresh sliced red grapes
- Feta Cheese
- Sliced Almonds
- Spinach Leaves
- Red Cabbage
- Black Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
I’ve got to admit this is one of my favorite salads yet!
Perfect for a hot day, light and refreshing
I’m SO head over heels excited, because a BRAND NEW GYM opened up minutes away from my house!
And you all know what that means… ZUMBA TIME!
Not to mention the fortune of money I’m going to save in gas by not going to the second closest gym (which is over 20 mins.)
I’m anxious to try out all the Zumba teachers at the gym, there are 4 of them I think. I’ve been doing Zumba for so long, I’m really picky about my teachers.
If they don’t play the kind of music I like, I can’t get into it. I love reggaeton music, which is more of the hip-hop base side of Zumba.
I can’t even wait to start shakin’ my white girl hips to Pitbull, and flippin my blonde hair all over the place!
Do any of my fabulous followers Zumba out there???!
This was TOO awesome not to put on my health blog!
Take a second to sit down, turn your computer monitor off and silence your cell phone.
Write a list of 5 simple things that you can start implementing into your life RIGHT NOW that will make you proud a year from now. This is a great idea for beginners just getting started on their Fitspirational Journeys!
A few things on my list:
- Add ONE more serving of fruit to every day as a daily snack
- Complete 2-3 runs with my boyfriend by this time next year (Color Run CHECK!)
- Make 2-3 health blog posts every day
- Start going to bed earlier, ensuring at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night
- Make a “goal board” with 20 things I’d like to do in the next year. Cross things off as I do them!
Try it out 🙂 What’s on your list?
Dust off your running shoes guys, summer is here and we need all the fierceness we can get!
Trust me; strong toned legs look SO much better then skinny chicken legs.
Get your stilettos out and STRUT OFF YOUR HARD EARNED WORK!
It’s a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Sunny San Diego today, and I’m so blessed to be able to take a few hours by this classy fountain and blog my little Fitspirational Heart out!
I just finished a bowl of fresh hearty tomato basil soup at the quaint cafe next door, and it was just enough to fill my tummy for the next few fabulous hours. I’m lucky to have snagged this awesome spot next to the fountain, the sound of the water falling is perfect blogging music.
Not going to lie, this fountain next to me is looking pretty cold and tempting… if there wasn’t a group of seventy-something year old golden girls sitting at the table next to me, I’d dive right in!
On that note- I’ve decided that I’m going to use the rest of my college free summer to pour my heart and soul into my cyber baby TheFitspirationalBlonde.com! Get excited guys, I have spectacular God-sized dreams for this fabulous blog.
Many more fountain-side days of blogging to come this summer 🙂
As I take more and more steps towards learning to cook, I’m discovering new ways to prepare food! Last month, my wonderful Boyfriend Bryan introduced me to the world of mushrooms and I fell in love.
Sautéing and caramelizing the Portabella mushrooms is by far my favorite way to eat them.
These caramelized baby “Bellas” are perfect to add to any sandwich, pizza or pasta dish!
- Slice up your mushrooms into relatively even slices. Make sure not to slice them too thick (because they take much longer to sauté.)
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil (or any oil of choice, I like olive oil because it’s healthier and more flavorful in the mushrooms.) TIP** Start out with less oil then you think you need. A little oil goes a long way, you can always add more. You’ll look pretty silly soaking up extra oil with a napkin, trying to prevent your mushrooms from getting too soggy. (I did that on my first attempt, and I’ll make a post soon about the do’s and don’ts of sautéing veggies.)
- Add the mushrooms to the warm oil, and flip in about 3-5 mins (when they look golden brown.)
- Drizzle some organic honey over your mushrooms on the last few minutes and let them get sweet and caramelized.
- Set them on a paper towel! I like to get as much oil out of those babies as I can before I eat them.
Put them on a pizza, add them to a summer salad, or even add them to a Fettuccini pasta or your favorite panini sandwich. You can get creative with this too, and add some of your favorite spices to the mushrooms before you take them off the heat. I add a bit of pepper.
I discovered this written on the window in hot pink behind my desk. My boyfriend is pretty cute 🙂