Locket and I are on the way back from a long run around the San Diego bay (such a relaxing way to exercise), and on the way home she decided she was a parrot. By the look of that tongue, it might be time for some all-natural doggie cookies when we get home!
I’m hungry too, I can already hear that summer sweet salad I made calling my name 🙂
Weather you’re a beginner or just finding yourself a little off track lately, you can absolutely begin to take steps towards the healthy life you’ve always wanted.
Guess what, if life isn’t going the way you want it to- and the word “vegetable” hasn’t crossed your lips in a few weeks… you’re not alone! Don’t let it get you down, let it be encouragement to make next week even better.
So what if you’ve had a few donuts lately, just because yesterday wasn’t so great, doesn’t mean that today won’t be the beginning of a new you. However, change isn’t easy. It takes 21 days to form a habit, and those 21 days aren’t going to be a piece of cake (or a fork full of salad since we’re being healthy here haha.)
It’s okay to take baby steps. Make the decision that your bad habits don’t define you.
Take this list above and start actually applying them. When? NOW! Don’t say you’ll start this later. Later never comes. Recommit your day TODAY. Grab some water, dust off your running shoes and LET’S DO THIS!
I am so blessed to be in a wonderful relationship with a guy who loves the fitness world almost as much as I do!
Bryan and I did The Color Run last month together, and now we’re working through Jillian Michael’s 90 Day Workout Video Challenge.
Having a workout partner provides incredible motivation to stay on track. When one of you starts getting off track, the other one is right behind you pushing you right back to where you should be. Having your fitness partner be the one that you’re madly in love with is just a fabulous added bonus 😉
If you’re not in a relationship, enlist one of your best friends! Make a list of goals that you’d like to achieve together and set a date by which you’d like to have them finished.
Potential Fitspirational Goals:
- Complete a workout video series together (such as Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution). 30 Day Shred, P90X and Insanity are also great workout series you can check out.
- Train for a specific marathon coming up. There are SO many wonderful runs happening throughout the US. From The Color Run, to the Mud Run, to runs for charities (breast cancer, aids etc). Disneyland even has their own runs now; The Tinkerbell Run, and the Princess Run! (Google this, they’re SO cool!)
Bryan and I finishing The Color Run in San Diego together!
- Set a goal weight together that you’d like to achieve. Work together to come up with a healthy food plan and weigh-in once a week! Congratulate each other with every successful pound lost, or be there for each other if you need to re-strategize a better plan.
- Fitness classes! Classes at the Gym are great to incorporate into your Fitspirational Goals. I’m really into Zumba, and I also love Heat Yoga and Turbo Kick. Go to your local gym with your fitness partner and come up with 1-2 weekly classes that you’d like to take together.
Get a partner, set some goals, and FITspire each other all the way to a successful healthy lifestyle!
I am SUCH a DIY (do it yourself) project girl!
No matter what event we’re going to, I will almost always try to come up with a creative t-shirt to make it a little more memorable. Plus, I have to put my drawers and drawers of pink glitter to use somehow haha.
These were the shirts that I came up with for the Color Run and I LOVE them. I spent a total of $30 at Michael’s Crafts.
- Puffy Paints
- V neck WHITE shirts (in preparation for our neon running adventure the next day)
- Iron-on letters (two packs)
The backs of our shirts had the URL to my health blog (TheFitspirationalBlonde) and “YOU CAN DO IT!!!!) in huge letters above that. We wanted to spread our positive encouragment to the slow pokes behind us that ate our dust as we ran by, haha jk (kind of.)
Word of advice, get a workout partner! It’s always great to have someone to accomplish your health goals with you (and to wear your corny t-shirts too.)
See my last post for more pictures from The Color Run!
Here’s a little preview of what’s to come from all my Color Run pictures!!
My Boyfriend Bryan and I even made matching T-Shirts that said “Running towards our Happily Ever After!”
Believe it or not, these were my shoes AFTER I had dusted them off with a towel haha.
Get prepared to see my bright blonde hair go from blonde to hot PINK.
Pictures will be up later today 🙂