This delicious mouthful of healthy Fitspiration will absolutely take your breath away. I brought this baby to a party this weekend and all my friends LOVED it!
It’s easy, healthy and BEAUTIFUL (if I do say so myself… and I do!)
Did I mention it was cheap too? My fridge is almost always filled with fruit (since I make fruit smoothies every morning), so I used all the left-over fruits I had in there, and created this flowerful beauty!
My boyfriend brought in some lovely flowers from my front garden, so I threw those in for some extra color too.
I really love that this is such an impressive looking salad that took such little effort to throw together for a party. Keep it in mind for your next hang out!
P.s Oh my gosh you guys, aren’t my food-ography pictures getting so much better??!? I’ve been practicing with different lightning techniques with my camera and it’s been making SUCH a big difference.
I’m calling this beauty “classy cornbread” because of the adorable pink flowers I tossed in. My boyfriend Bryan picked them for me, I just couldn’t resist 🙂
Plus, I’m really into food-ography lately so it was perfect!
Seriously, so delicious! Bryan and I made cornbread for my best friend and I’s “Southern Style Hangout” yesterday. It was a big hit, and an awesome snack.
I’m so head-over-heels excited- my best friend Allie and I are throwing a “Southern Style Party”.
What is that you ask? Well, we made it up so we’re kind of throwing ideas together as we go along. Let me tell you, we’re having a blast along the way! A few of our close friends are getting together, and it’s going to be pretty fabulous.
My boyfriend Bryan is a true southern boy from North Carolina, so he’s giving us Cali girls some ideas too 🙂
So far, our southern food list includes:
- Steaks marinated in Allie’s Grandma’s Whisky Marinade (for the non-vegetarians of course)
- Scalloped potatoes
- SWEET TEA in mason jars if I can find some (holla if you watch Duck Dynasty!)
- Corn Bread (duh, that’s a must)
- A delicious salad (I don’t think that’s southern… but I have to eat at this thing too… you know me, got to throw some health in there somewhere! There aren’t very many southern vegetarian foods which I learned the hard way when he flew me out to North Carolina to visit his family- they kept wanting to feed me bacon and steak. SO if Bryan touches my salad, I’m making that count as a Southern salad.)
- Grilled Corn (still in the husks)
Not sure what else we’ll come up with, but let me tell you I’ve got my cowgirl boots and country music ready!
Pictures to come after the party tonight 🙂